Industrial and Allied Technologies Research (IATR)
The directorate is established pursuant to the Kenya Industrial Research and Development Institute Act, 2022 section 6 and is responsible for undertaking research in industrial and allied technology.
Functions of the directorate include: -
- Develop and implement research projects;
- Promote and facilitate cutting-edge industrial and allied technology research in the institute by ensuring that all research adheres to best practices in order to produce world-class output;
- Develop institutional and national research and development policy programs;
- Monitor national and international trends in cutting edge industrial and allied technology research and make appropriate recommendations to guide the institutes research agenda;
- Enhance research initiatives of the institute;
- Prepare and disseminate research outputs to scientific peers, industrial enterprises, policy-makers and the public.